Canada is one of the top destinations that attracts immigrants and visitors for its vast beauty and numerous benefits. Its excellent infrastructure, quality standard of living, incredible job opportunities, and safe and peaceful society makes Canada the most preferred destination to settle in as a permanent resident.
Every year a huge number of skilled immigrants apply for Canada PR visas. The government of Canada targeted 4,31,000 permanent residents in the year 2022 to grow and expand their economy.
Of all the registered immigrants in Canada, almost one in five recent immigrants (18.6%) was born in India. Thus, Canada is the top destination for Indians. The Canadian government has introduced various immigration programs to obtain a Canada PR visa from India, making it a viable option for Indians.
To attain a Canada PR visa from India you must meet the eligibility criteria and follow the application process to qualify as a candidate. Here are some programs/pathways offered by IRCC to get the visa:
- Express Entry Program: Express entry program for Canada PR visa is the fastest pathway to immigrate to Canada. It is a point-based and online federal immigration program where candidates are shortlisted from the express entry pool. The final candidates are selected based on the highest CRS score. To calculate, refer to Canada PR Points Calculator by Stark Visas Immigration.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): PNPs are Canadian immigration programs that provide permanent residence to candidates who want to migrate to any Canadian province or territory. While each province or territory has its own different PNPs. Overall, there are more than 8- different PNPs in Canada.
- Investor/Entrepreneur Program: The investor program is designed for entrepreneurs or investors who want to start a new business or invest in any existing business in Canada.
- Family Class Immigration: The family class immigration program is designed for family members of Canadian permanent residence who can come to Canada via sponsorship.
- Self-employed Program: Any individual who holds relevant experience in their field of work can immigrate to Canada under the self-employed immigration program.
Steps to apply for Canada PR from India 2023
If you are ready to start applying for a visa, we recommend you get in touch with the immigration experts at Stark Visa Immigration. Our in-house consultation team can guide you throughout the process, and help you prepare all the documents.
Here’s a stepwise process to apply for a Canada PR visa from India:
Step 1: Obtain all key documents.
Step 2: Score minimum points if you are applying via express entry.
Step 3: Submit your EOI (Expression of Interest) profile.
Step 4: Get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the program.
Step 5: After getting ITA, submit your application along with all the documents.
Step 6: Get your medical certificate along with the PCC (Police Clearance Certificate).
Step 7: Wait for further instructions from the concerned official immigration officer.